It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:36 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Gate Crashing: Should SD be tied to bounty?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:32 am 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Gate
n.
1) A structure that blocks an entrance or a passageway.
2) A means of access: the gate to riches.

Crashing
v.
1) To break violently or noisily; smash.
2) Informal definition. To join or enter (a party, for example) without invitation.

Gate Crashing
(as defined in the 3rd Edition of Interstellar Definitions for Stellar Alien Traders)
v.
1) Having a more powerful player take out sector defense against a weaker player that is "bounty bait" (see definition) to the said bigger player for the express purpose of allowing access to said sector for a LOWER ranked player that could not have defeated the sector defense of said sector.

2) Informal example: The #1 player of the game goes around knocking out sector defense of what are weaker bounty players to him so that his allies (NOT on his team) can attack the planets in the sector. The weaker allies would NOT have been able to attack and deafeat the sector defense without the #1 player help.

====================================================

Proposal for Bounty servers running Newbie Nice ON settings only-

1) Sector Defense in a BASED NON-WAR ZONE sector should take on the Bounty restrictions of the players therein.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:43 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I have mixxed oppinions on this.

I dont think said large player can do attack and runs to drop the SD, but can only take it out all at once.

Solution: bump SD higher than he can take in one hit.

I am not against it, but then again I am not for it either. I will talk it over with PJ and see what he thinks ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 12:06 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

Tarnus wrote:
I dont think said large player can do attack and runs to drop the SD, but can only take it out all at once.
Solution: bump SD higher than he can take in one hit.

Are you suggesting that the large player not be allowed to A&R against bounty players? Or are you saying that large players can not currently A&R against bounty players?

But to further my argument: Consider these two points...

1) This change would only occur on servers that are using newbie nice and bounty. Do we really want/need a level 35 Voy smacking down on some poor sap who nothing but a Columb to "help" some low ball team get a quick leg up? I think not. It is cheesy that the biggest player goes around "gate crashing" all the little players so that his pals can take over the spoils of war.

2) The little guy isn't going to have the ability to be putting out tons of SD. Certainly not enough to thwart someone who has 10x to 100x his score. Newbie Nice and Bounty should protect those players.

-----------------
Maybe something simple like extending the bounty range by 3x for destroying SD so that a high level teammate can still help his team.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]