It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:50 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Alien Assault Traders Player Generated Story
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:55 pm 
Developer
Developer

[url=http://www.aatraders.com/readstory.php]We have noticed many players are using their blogs to write a continuing story about how the game is being played. These stories are not just dry accounts about what happened to them in the game but similar to entertaining short stories. Many of these stories are quite good.

So we have decided to give everyone a special area for building a story based upon the current game running on the main server.

Each story entry is a new chapter in the book being written by the players. You must have a profile account and be logged in to post a chapter to the story.

Just click on this announcement to be taken to the Story Archive.[/url]

Post subject: :)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:35 pm 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

Thank you, Adminstrators!! Having a consolidated area for the stories is a wonderful gift! That way each player can find the other player's chapters/account of events and continue from there.

Roleplay is an awesome way to emerse yourself in the game. My suggestion would be for the first chapters to tell a bit about the character.....such as species, gender, good/evil type, characteristics. I think this will make it easier for others to envision their interaction with that player.

I hope no one minds but I would like to add the already currently running story as the first chapters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:12 pm 
Developer
Developer

The Story System basically works pretty much like the Blog System. The main difference is in editing, no deletion and each chapter shows the name of the author and the image from their profile.

This way everyone knows who the author is of every chapter.

And we are planning to reset the story everytime the game resets.

The stories from past games will be archived so they can be read by everyone in the future. :D Each archived game story will be like a new book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:27 pm 

I think this a good idea. I've really been impressed with some of the 'chapters' out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:46 am 
Gamer
Gamer

This is wonderful!!! When I started my Story a couple of games ago. Something like this is what I had in mind. I was devasted when it all went away in a network crash.... I never did start back up.... It makes me happy that I feel like I planted a seed and it grew in you folks imaginations...

My Blog use to be the central location... but this is better by far... It adds more to the game with the short stories attached to it!!!

Post subject: :)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:54 am 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

Yes, Lucky, the ongoing story we all had on your blog was awesome!! I can still burst out laughing when I think of Podboy's (Tarnus) picture you posted. And Waterboy (Big) picture made his character all the more scary LOL It truely is sad that all that was lost but now.....GET BUSY again!

btw....pj, I copy/pasted the first chapter written in my blog this morning to the story site but it shows YOUR picture. You have the alabaster skin so are you a muggle too?? *big grin*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:19 am 
Developer
Developer

I fixed it and still haven't been to bed and it is 8:15 am. :p

Nope, I am a Dark Clown. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PX-XLFQ7uA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzEhFUO4je4

Post subject: Apologies
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:52 am 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

My apology for breaking the rule of more then one story post per day. This was only in an attempt to get some of the past storyline posted to date so new current event stories can be started. I think there are a few others that need added yet from other players.

PJ, I noticed the new link to the AATrade Story.....thanks!! I know you guys are swamped with RL work, new release issues/bugs and now adding this so there is no hurry for what I am about to mention but there is one fix still needed. When clicking on 'Edit', the previously posted story does not appear thus there is no way to edit if you had just written it without saving somewhere else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:14 am 
Developer
Developer

Ok, will look into that. :)

And we are going to add a news item similar to the side bar for when a new blog is added. This way people will know when a new chapter is added to the story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 12:38 am 
Developer
Developer

You should see the story content in the edit box now when you select the edit option.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:37 am 
Developer
Developer

And in the upper right corner of the main web site there is now a Story Update list. It will list the latest added chapters with the latest at the top. Just click on any of the names of the people posting the chapter and you will be taken to the latest chapter in the story.

Post subject: suggestion
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:41 pm 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

a visitor counter?......is that what is needed? When stories were on the blogs you could tell if ppl were reading just by the blog visit counter or comments left behind. Now there is no way to tell.

If it gets where no one is reading the roleplay story then it is taking up wasted space but there is currently no way of knowing that.

just food for thought

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:27 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

Well.. even if they're not, its entertaining to me :) That should be good enough for you all, since, of course, I have the best tastes in everything, and if I enjoy something you all should :D :evil: I do believe people will, especially if its advertised in the shouts.

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ]