It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:11 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: More Events in FNN
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:37 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

The only events that are regarded in FNN are number of planets, total populations, planet captures, ships destroyed, people killed, nova reports, bounties, crackdowns, etc.

Sure it seems like a lot, but it could be a lot better if:
    More planet total notifiers, 100, 125, 150, 200+.
    The interview bit that is said in planet totals, why not have the person choose one of X amount of options (upcoming war, defensive purposes, etc.)
    Crackdowns on bountied pilots, sort of like Fed crackdowns, but it notifies everyone that a person collected a certain amount of credits for the podding of someone else.
    Poddings
    Sector Missile Reports
    and so on...

Post subject: Re: More Events in FNN
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:08 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

I personally favor being able to choose what the FNN says that you said. Knowing TH, though, I'm betting it'll be a no, saying that more would be too much flooding it, not that I intend to put words in anyone's mouth. Just a prediction.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:31 pm 

I would love for it to be announced that I podded someone in the FNN. That way others would know what type of players people are killing. Little pioneers sitting in space, or big voyagers hidden deep in SGs.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:29 pm 
AA Trader
AA Trader

It would be so neat if the news reported the correct amount of colonists in ones empire.

The humongous empire of <enter name> now has one billion colonists, FNN reporters found out that _____ is in possesion of some weird cloning mechanism allowing him to breed new colonists in huge amounts. With this amount of colonists, the econmic strength of this empire is enormous, FNN hopes that ____ does not spend his money on warfare.

It says this even when the player has a trillion colonists.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 2:45 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

Thought I'd show an idea.

Example:

I reach over 50 planets.

An event pop up congratulates you on your achievement and asks you why you did it? Your answer will be displayed in the FNN.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Why reporting the news is good in some ways. It also gives away too much information and an attacker might not get his job done if there are too many news items :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:03 pm 
AA Warrior
AA Warrior

Anyway, I think it'd be nice to be able to choose what it says that you said in it, as I said before. Could we get a yes or no on that at least?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ]