It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 8:16 pm

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Help! The unthinkable has happened!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:04 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

My millions of mine deflectors are gone! I spent a ton on them! Someone credited my account so that I can buy them and so are my fuel scoops, escape pods and dignitaries, spies everything on my ship! Why oh why isn't the ship I took out the same the ship that I put in the ship yard for storage?

It really hurts,.. all my warp editors, genesis torps but most important are my mine deflectors,.. i really spent so much on them! :cry:

I put it in the shipyard coz I read in the forum to buy a stealth to explore safely possible trade routes. Is it a bug? Or is it supposed to happen? =(( I feel even sadder now than when I lost my previous two endeavours. =(((

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:39 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

When you buy a new ship and store an old one. All the stuff you had on the old ship is put on the new ship. All the stuff you used to have on the ship you stored is gone. So yes you will have to buy new stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:37 pm 
Gamer
Gamer

Tarnus wrote:
When you buy a new ship and store an old one. All the stuff you had on the old ship is put on the new ship. All the stuff you used to have on the ship you stored is gone. So yes you will have to buy new stuff.

so my millions of mine deflectors were put on my stealth ship? ^_^ but I didn't use the stealth ship.

Step 1:
Bought stealth ship, and immediately regretted it.

Step 2:
Returned stealth ship into storage

Step 3:
Took endeavour out of storage, but nothing is on it! No mine deflectors or anything,.. shouldn't the stuff be transferred from the stealth ship to the endeavour?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:06 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Langel wrote:
Tarnus wrote:

so my millions of mine deflectors were put on my stealth ship? ^_^ but I didn't use the stealth ship.

Step 1:
Bought stealth ship, and immediately regretted it.

Step 2:
Returned stealth ship into storage

Step 3:
Took endeavour out of storage, but nothing is on it! No mine deflectors or anything,.. shouldn't the stuff be transferred from the stealth ship to the endeavour?

THe transfer only happens on the purchase. BTW don't sell that stealth short. It is an ideal scout and if you leave your hull at 0 you can cloak mines with it :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:45 am 
Gamer
Gamer

Ohh,.. does a probe have exactly the same cloaking function? (Like for e.g. a stealth of cloak level 20 and a probe of cloak level 20?) 6_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 7:56 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Langel wrote:
Ohh,.. does a probe have exactly the same cloaking function? (Like for e.g. a stealth of cloak level 20 and a probe of cloak level 20?) 6_^

Not really. Probes are much moe fragile. If they enter a sector with fighters and mines it does 2 rolls. 1 for fighters and the other for mines to see if it gets past. They actually have a better chance to hit nothing than ships do, but ot takes just 1 mine to kill them if they don't cloak in.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]