It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:31 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 12:53 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

If your doing an attack and run to a player that you would normally get a bounty for attacking your attack and run will do no damage to the sector owners defences yet you are risking your ship trying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:55 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well future meant as soon as he got it fixed. It was planned that way all along. If we allowed larger players to bust a SD using attack and run, they would be doing it for thier team mates and let the team mates take out the planets when they were done, with very little risk.

As far as production I growled a bit myself at pj on that one.. I thought 20% requirement was quite high.

Please be patient as we are working VERY hard to get the release out this weekend. Yes we know there will be some issues that will come up but work with us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 2:33 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I can agree with that. If I hear of something I'll tell ya. I'm trying to get production changed a bit as I'm not sure it was quite the right change yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 6:17 pm 
Developer
Developer

We are trying to even out production. After checking players planets in the game (not idies) we found that the majority of them were running away on commodity and energy production. They were making far more than they could ever use along with a goodly amount of cash. So we are adjusting the production rate which adjusts the number of colonists needed to produce items.

And remember this was on the BETA GAME. Things can change unexpectedly and even if a notice was posted for EVERY change (and that is never going to happen) you would not see them soon enough to do anything unless you were online 24/7.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:29 am 
Developer
Developer

Producing more than needed is not a problem. The problem was the settings for their percentage of production vs colonists on the planet was causing far more to be produced that was reasonable. So we made a change to see what would happen. We saw what ahppened and changed again and changed again.

And Tarnus will tell you that demanding we do something because you don't like something we did really gets me steamed. It is a beta game if you can't handle abrupt and sometimes unannounced changes then you should not be playing the beta game.

The beta is for testing things and yes players may get screwed at times BECAUSE IT IS A BETA. EXPECT IT.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]