It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:19 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Trade routes and Trade Control
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:55 pm 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

On my own server (sorry can't list URL here, if you need it send me a Pvt msg),
I have several planets in a sector which also contains an Ore port.

I wanted to setup a Trade Route between one of the planets and the Ore port in that planet to sell the several million of Goods I had on one of the planets. I went into Trade Control, Modify Global Trade Settings, and made sure that Goods was checked, energy set to Trade, and clicked Save. Setup trade route with source as one of my planets (not team planet) and destination as that same sector, realspace, both ways.

Ran the trade route just fine, no profit from energy as none scooped since in same sector.

When the Goods on the planet went down a bit low, I modified the trade route to set the destination to an Energy port sector that had good prices for both ore and goods, and set source planet to another planet in my sector.

Ran the trade route, but noticed something odd: No profit listed for energy trading, even though energy was set to Trade in Trade Global Settings, and source and destination sectors were at least 1 space away from each other.

(scooped energy trading works fine when trading between 2 real ports, just not, apparaently, when source is a planet)

When goods got low on my planet, I wanted to switch to selling ore, so went into global trade settings and unchecked goods then checked ore and Saved.

Ran trade route, but goods were loaded and traded, not ore.

Deleted trade route, recreated, same trouble, goods get loaded/traded instead of ore.

So, looks like two bugs:

1. Scooped energy doesn't get traded when source is planet and destination is port that buys energy and realspace travel IS used to reach destination.

2. Only goods seem to be traded, despite settings in Global Trade Route Settings.

Perhaps I don't understand that section in the Global Trade Route Settings "For trade routes having a special port as a source, trade" Is it not meant to be used when source is your own planet?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 10:33 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Not done yet. PJ has the checkboxes but we have not implemented trading of commodities as of yet from planets to ports or planets to planets. Will be in a future release.

Post subject: Re: Trade routes and Trade Control
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:13 am 

I think I can be of some assistance with part of this:

autohost wrote:
When the Goods on the planet went down a bit low, I modified the trade route to set the destination to an Energy port sector... (emphasis mine)

Ran the trade route, but noticed something odd: No profit listed for energy trading...

(scooped energy trading works fine when trading between 2 real ports, just not, apparaently, when source is a planet)

The problem here is not your source being a planet; it's that you're trading at an Energy port. They sell energy, so they won't buy it under any circumstances. That's why you're not seeing profit from trading energy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 10:38 am 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

You are correct, no energy traded since the destination port was Energy.

However, in the first instance I mentioned, the destination port was Ore, and in the same sector as the planet. There was no energy traded on that one either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:32 pm 

right, you didn't go to another sector in realspace, so how would you collect any energy? ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:49 am 
Forum Roamer
Forum Roamer

by loading energy from my planet in that same sector. No RS travel needed.

But as PJ said above, planetary commodity trading is not yet implimented, even though the options are settable in Trade Global Settings.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]