It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:21 am

The forum is READ ONLY. Please direct any future discussions to our Facebook page

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Ports randomly changing after populating the sector
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:36 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Assassin wrote:
I'm not sure if this is supposed to happen or not, but I found a blue star sector with an upgrade port, so I populated it. I used 5 genesis torps, and then built up the planets like normal, putting approx 500mil colonists on each planet, etc.

Well, I log in today, and now it's an ore port :!: :?:

And not even a very well priced ore port, either :?

I don't know what other information you would need that I could get. I can email the admin and ask him though, if you tell me what other info you need, if any.

Nope that is not supposed to happen. Was it one of our games or another sites? Sometimes the database may have corupted itself and caused that to happen, but under normal circumstances.... no

Post subject: Re: A note from the admin..
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:51 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

jeff wrote:
My logs show that the only admin logins have been me, and the only things that I've changed in the past month have been shoutbox and bottom banners.

admin.php is only accessible via ssl with my certificate, but I've changed the password just to be safe.

If someone can tell me how to set a port to upgrades (the admin console only shows ore/organic/goods/energy) then I'd appreciate it..

No way to do it through the admin console... I'd say your database hickuped. And corupted the table slightly. Have had it happen once and a while on our server... although it is fairly rare.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:12 pm 
Developer
Developer

Actually we haven't had it happen since we moved the database onto it's own box.

Usuallt if the database has a problem the sector will disappear completely and not change to something else.

There is definately in the code that changes port types. There are only two places that even update anything about the c\port type. That is create_universe.php and sched_expanding.php. Nopthing else in the game ever affects the port type.

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ]